Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Stories from UK, New Zealand & Australia (2) on Today's Global P&P List

Three men to stand trial for historical sex offences in South Yorkshire involving rape and trafficking of child

SARAH MARSHALL

Asghar Bostan, 47 from East Bawtry Road, Rotherham has been charged with raping a female between 2002 and 2004.

Mohammed Yasin, 36 from Lilycroft Road, Bradford and Qaiser Iqbal, 35, from Bingley Road, Bradford have been charged taking a child away from a responsible person and intentionally arranging or facilitating the travel of a female for the purposes of sexual abuse between 2004 and 2006.

All charges relate to the same complainant, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The three defendants, who deny all charges, appeared at Sheffield Crown Court this morning for a brief hearing.

Bostan is due to stand trial on February 5 next year while Yasin and Iqbal are due to stand trial on March 19, 2018.

The three men have been released on bail until their next court appearance.

They have been charged as part of Operation Stovewood, which is the National Crime Agency's (NCA) investigation into non-familial child sexual exploitation (CSE) and abuse in Rotherham between 1997-2013.

In total, 23 men have been arrested and eight have been charged with 42 offences so far.

Last month a further eight men were arrested as part of the NCA inquiry.

The men are aged 32, 35, 36 and 37 and are from the Sheffield and Rotherham areas.

All 8 men are of Pakistani origin.

The offences, which include rape and indecent assault, are alleged to have been committed against five girls under 16 between 1998 and 2003.

All eight men have been released.





Mother of Samantha Azzopardi says her daughter is in a ‘heartbreaking’ situation

THE mother of a NSW conwoman says her daughter is in a “heartbreaking” situation as she begins at least six months behind bars for lies which cost the state government and charities $155,000.

Samantha Azzopardi, 28, in June pleaded guilty to four fraud offences for which she was sentenced on Wednesday in Hornsby Local Court.

She was arrested in NSW two months ago after she posed as a 13-year-old Sydney high school student named Harper Hart and repeated a lie that had previously fooled authorities in Ireland and Canada.

Azzopardi duped overseas authorities, in 2013 and 2014, into thinking she was a child sex abuse and trafficking victim, forcing them to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars investigating her claims.

Hornsby Local Court heard Irish authorities spent more than $400,000 trying to establish who she was and where she’d come from.

Despite being eventually deported to Australia, she repeated a similar lie in Canada in 2014, costing authorities $150,000 on investigations. 

The Sydney court heard she had used a fake Californian birth certificate to trick NSW authorities into thinking she was still a teenager. The $155,000 cost of her NSW frauds included counselling costs and wages. 

Outside court, Azzopardi’s mother, who did not want to be identified, told AAP her daughter was a “sweet, adventurous and independent” child growing up. The situation her daughter now found herself in was “heartbreaking”, she added. 

Azzopardi, who was sentenced to a maximum of one year in jail, will be eligible for parole in late November 2017.






Man Charged With Historic Child Sexual Abuse, WA

Perth Detectives have charged a 47 year old man as a result of their investigation into historic child sexual offences.

It will be alleged between 1988 and 1996, the man sexually assaulted two girls who were aged between 13 and 15 years of age at the time of the first incident, WA Police say.

The man befriended the girls and their families prior to the abuse. The offences occurred in the suburbs of Balingup, Bridgetown, Greenbushes, Hester and North Greenbushes.

The man from Greenbushes appeared in the Bunbury Magistrates Court on 1 June 2017 on the charges of two counts of Aggravated Indecent Assault and one count of Sexually Penetrated a Person under the age of 16 years without Consent.

Continued inquiries by Perth Detectives resulted in the man being further charged on Tuesday 27 June 2017 with:-

· Five counts of Indecently Deal with a Child over 13 years and under 16 years of age ;

· Three counts of Sexually Penetrate a Child over 13 years and under 16 years of age;

· One count of Encourage a Child aged 13 to 16 years to Engage in Sexual Behaviour; and

· One count of Aggravated Indecent Assault.

He is next due to appear before the Bunbury Magistrates Court today, Thursday, 20 July 2017.

Inquiries are ongoing and detectives urge anyone with any information regarding this investigation to call Crime Stoppers.






Child sex offender jailed for 14 years but
avoids preventive detention

This is the 2nd story from New Plymouth, N.Z. in ten days.

ANDY JACKSON/STUFF

Matthew William Washer was jailed for 14 years in the High Court at New Plymouth, New Zealand, on child sex abuse charges.

A man caught groping a woman as a teenager has been jailed for sexually abusing a young girl, but avoided a sentence of preventive detention reserved for the country's most serious offenders.

On Thursday, Matthew William Washer, 27, was sentenced to 14 years' imprisonment on 13 charges, including rape, sexual violation by unlawful sexual connection and sexual conduct with a child under 12. 

The High Court at New Plymouth heard how as a 16-year-old, Washer was convicted of indecent assault after he accosted a woman on the street and grabbed her bottom.  At the time, he had a belief that once he touched the woman, she would want to have sex with him.

As part of his Youth Court sentence, Washer attended 25 sessions of counselling, but failed to graduate from the programme.  A report from the service outlined how difficult he had been and that his attitude to the treatment ranged from good to indifferent.

Justice Rebecca Ellis said five years later, in 2011, Washer began his sexual abuse of a young girl, who was aged nine.

Washer kissed and indecently touched the child, before he forced her to perform a sex act on him.  He also raped her multiple times.

The offending caused physical and emotional distress to the victim, who was repeatedly told by Washer to keep the abuse a secret, the judge said.

It was the escalation of offending that prosecutor Justin Marinovich pointed to when making an application for preventive detention for Washer. Preventive detention involves an indeterminate prison term.

Marinovich said preventive detention was required to protect the community from the ongoing risk Washer posed.

In making his case, he pointed to a 2006 report completed on Washer following his Youth Court conviction.

He said it outlined concerns with the defendant's attitude and provided some insight into Washer's "sexual mindset" which included elements of planning and premeditation in targeting women.

Defence lawyer Julian Hannam, who opposed preventive detention, said Washer wanted the court to know he accepted the "seriousness" of what he had done.

"He realises he needs help to address that offending and do what he can to make himself safe for the community," Hannam said.

Justice Ellis said when police spoke to Washer about the 2011-2016 abuse, he told them the victim had "enjoyed" it and he would not have done anything she did not want to do.

This view was dismissed by the judge.

"You must have known what you were doing was wrong." She described the abuse as "truly dreadful" and said it had caused significant harm to the victim.

"She was a little girl when you started doing sexual things with her. You were an adult. Adults don't have sex with children," she told the defendant.

Except in a sick, sick world.

Justice Ellis said while the victim had been terribly harmed by what had happened, Washer's offending was an affront to the entire community.

"Women shouldn't been seen as sexual objects by men, especially little girls," she said.

Psychiatric and pyschological reports prepared on Washer for the court both highlighted his high risk of reoffending if he did not get any help. Washer had since expressed a willingness to attend programmes, while in prison, to address his offending.

This undertaking, the ongoing supervision offered by the fact Washer's name would be added to the child sex offenders' register and the option available to the Corrections Department to apply for an extended supervision order if required, satisfied Justice Ellis that preventive detention was not required.

Washer will remain on the child sex offenders' register for the rest of his life, where he will have to abide by numerous conditions, including informing police about who he is living with, details of his internet provider and any on-line user names and passwords.

After a final sentence of 14 years' jail was imposed, Justice Ellis then ruled Washer needed to serve a minimum period of eight years behind bars before he became eligible for parole.

A strike warning was previously issued against him. New Zealand has a 3 strike rule.