2 minors in Vancouver Whitecaps program charged with CSA - B.C.
Child porn charges added to voyeurism of 'Canada Creep' - Alberta
Taekwondo instructor get 10 years for child sexual assaults - Manitoba
Child porn charges against Annapolis Valley man - Nova Scotia
Child luring and child porn charges against 26 y/o man - Saskatchewan
Teacher who filmed student changing convicted of child pornography
A London, Ontario, Canada teacher who used a hidden camera to secretly record video of a 16-year-old student changing has been found guilty on two counts of child pornography.
Calgary, Alberta - The man facing voyeur charges relating to a suspended Twitter account is now facing additional charges of possession of child pornography and accessing child pornography.
(far left) 42, was re-arrested Friday, one day after being released on $2,000 bail after being charged with voyeurism and distributing voyeuristic material in relation to three separate incidents.
Police allege Williamson was behind the now suspended "CanadaCreep" Twitter account, which posted surreptitious videos of women walking in downtown Calgary over a period of years, amassing roughly 17,000 followers.
Some of the posts included videos filmed up women's skirts, and it's those videos that prompted the voyeurism charges.
Hundreds of other posts included photos or video that police described as "extremely disturbing" but not necessarily criminal.
Numerous electronic devices were seized during the initial arrest and police said evidence of child porn was discovered once investigators began going through multiple terabytes of data found on them.
Police earlier said they expected to lay additional charges against Williamson.
He is scheduled to appear in court next on June 19.
A Winnipeg taekwondo instructor who pleaded guilty to charges related to sexually assaulting three of his former students has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars.
Charges were laid against Yeung on May 4 and May 9 of last year, when two individuals came forward saying Yeung inappropriately touched them and sexually assaulted them while they were students at Kang's Academy, where Yeung was the chief instructor.
A third person came forward to police later that month, saying they were also sexually assaulted on multiple occasions by Yeung.
All of the victims were under the age of 16 at the time of the offences.
In December, Yeung entered guilty pleas to charges of sexual interference and sexual exploitation.
His lawyer, Matt Gould, said at the time that Yeung wanted to spare the complainants from a lengthy trial and to have the matter resolved quickly.
One of his victims who attended the sentencing said she forgives Yeung, but didn't want to comment on the sentence.
"I'm no longer a victim, I am a survivor," she said. "I want to thank the police and the Crown for their incredible work and support over the last year."
Gould said Thursday that the sentence was severe.
"For Mr. Yeung sitting in that courtroom, it's the realization that the sentence being handed down is a decade. It's a huge portion at any measure. It's a significant and severe sentence and it's something that he has to live with and that he's accepted,"
Gould said Yeung would not even have a conversation about the possibility of an appeal after the sentencing.
"His intention is to take the time that he will be serving and use that in the most productive way possible, continue on with his treatment, continue with his therapy."
Police initially charged Yeung in May of 2016 for offences that took place between 2009 and 2012 and while he was in custody, a second victim came forward saying they were also inappropriately touched and sexually assaulted by Yeung over a period from 1998 to 2004.
The third person told police they were assaulted by Yeung between 2001 and 2005.
Yeung will serve 10 years, less 612 days he's already spent in jail. He was given 4½ years for each of two victims, plus one year for a third victim.
Yeung will also have to provide a sample of his DNA and be registered as a sex offender for the remainder of his life. He is also prohibited from contacting any of the victims, or attending a public place where anyone under the age of 18 is likely to be, including schools, parks, or community centres, without supervision.
With assistance from the RCMP Technological Crime Unit and Annapolis and Kingston RCMP Detachments, the RCMP Internet Child Exploitation (ICE) Unit searched a home in Wilmot on June 8. David Earl Attree was arrested without incident following the search.
As a result, Attree has been charged with making child pornography available, possession of child pornography, and two counts of unsafe Storage of a firearm. He was brought before a judge, released on strict conditions and will appear in Annapolis Royal provincial court on July 24.
Be a voice for children
In Nova Scotia, it is mandatory for citizens to report suspected child pornography. This means that anyone who encounters child pornography material or recordings must report it to the police. Failing to report suspicious activity and materials could result in penalties similar to failure to report child abuse set out in the Children and Family Services Act.
The RCMP encourages citizens to be a voice for children who are victims of sexual exploitation by reporting any suspected offences to your local police or by using Canada’s National tip line for reporting online sexual exploitation of children at www.cybertip.ca.
RCMP have charged a man in Lloydminster, Sask., with child pornography offences.
The 26-year-old man is suspected of having lured a child under the age of 16 and making explicit material available to a child under 16, plus breach of a recognizance.
The RCMP's Saskatchewan internet child exploitation unit (ICE) acted on a complaint received in early April about someone having sexually explicit conversations with a 14-year-old girl over a popular social media site.
"The investigation identified a residence in Lloydminster where the activity had occurred," according to an RCMP press release issued on Thursday.
Police arrested the man at his home on Wednesday.
The man made his first court appearance in provincial court in Lloydminster on Thursday and will be held in custody until June 22.