Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Sunday, 19 March 2017

Three Youth Coaches and Police Youth Workers on Today's P&P List

Youth sports coach arrested on CSA charges - Oregon
Swimming coach arrested on 5 counts continuous CSA - Texas
Playground coach sentenced to 35 years for CSA - Louisiana
Man charged with 14 counts of CSA - New York
Louisville Mayor opens can of worms with PD and CSA - Kentucky

Lincoln City youth coach arrested on
child sex abuse charges
by KATU.com Staff

LINCOLN CITY, Ore. — A youth basketball, football and baseball coach was arrested in Lincoln City after several complaints from parents about possible sex abuse crimes involving kids in the area.

The suspect, 22-year-old Tyler William Lopez, was taken into custody on Friday and lodged at the Lincoln County Jail on two counts of display of child sexual conduct, one count of sex abuse in the first degree, and four counts of sex abuse in the second degree. He's expected to be arraigned on these and possible additional charges in Lincoln County District Court on Monday, March 20.

Oregon State Police say Lopez is a known youth coach throughout the Lincoln City area.

Lincoln City Police believe there may be more victims or witnesses, and are hoping they will come forward to speak with investigators.






Former Warren High swimming coach faces several
child sex abuse charges

SAN ANTONIO - A former swimming coach at Warren High School is facing several charges.

James Schweggmann was arrested on five counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child, authorities said.

The 38-year-old is accused of sexually abusing a child younger than 14 from 2009 to 2011.

Northside Independent School District Officials said Schweggmann was placed on administrative leave last school year and later resigned.

A grand jury indicted him and he was arrested Thursday. He was released after posting $75,000 bond.







Former Metairie playground coach pleads guilty to
sexual abuse of players

Former Metairie playground coach James "Coach Jim" Prince pleaded guilty Thursday (March 16) to Prince, 45, who coached mostly at Girard Playground, 5300 Irving St., Metairie, pleaded guilty to forcible rape, four counts of sexual battery of a juvenile, four counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile and nine counts of production of pornography involving juveniles under age 13. He had been accused of sexually abusing four young players. (JPSO)

By Michelle Hunter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune 

James Prince, a Metairie playground coach for more than 25 years, pleaded guilty Thursday to molesting four of his young players, the Jefferson Parish district attorney's office said. 

Prince, 45, who coached mostly at Girard Playground, 5300 Irving St., Metairie, pleaded guilty to forcible rape, four counts of sexual battery of a juvenile, four counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile and nine counts of production of pornography involving juveniles under age 13.

Judge Conn Regan of the 24th Judicial District Court sentenced Prince to a total of 35 years in prison, the district attorney's office said. Prince must also register as a sex offender for the rest of his life once released. 

Known as "Coach Jim," Prince served as a volunteer football, baseball and basketball coach at Girard. But he also coached at Mike Miley Playground, 6717 W. Metairie Ave., Metairie, and Ecole Classique, 5236 Glendale St., Metairie. 

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office opened an investigation in October 2015 after a pair of brothers reported sexual abuse at Prince's hands when he was their coach starting in 2002. The victims were ages 9 and 11 at the time. 

Detectives went on to identify a total of five victims. Prince had been accused of showing the boys pornography, raping one by performing oral sex and taking sexually explicit photographs of another unidentified boy, according to authorities.

The four victims and their families agreed to a plea deal in order to avoid having to testify about the sexual abuse, the district attorney's office said. Two of the victims and their mother testified Thursday about the impact Prince's molestation has had on their lives. 

Regan sentenced Prince to 35 years on the rape charge, 35 years for each count of juvenile pornography, 10 years for each count of sexual battery and seven years for each count of indecent behavior with a juvenile. The sentences will run concurrently and be served without the benefit of probation, parole or suspension of sentence. 

Assistant District Attorneys Lynn Schiffman and Thomas Sanderson prosecuted the case.

That's a plea deal I can live with. Well done.





Canisteo man charged with sexual abuse,
endangering welfare of a child

New York State Police tell us that a Canisteo man was charged with sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child following an investigation into possible child abuse. 

Troopers tell us that 26-year-old Patrick Runyan was arrested on Saturday. They tell us that Runyan is accused of “intentionally and repeatedly” subjecting a 15-year-old to sexual contact. This was allegedly done on fourteen separate occasions, from January to March, at a Village of Canisteo residence.  

According to troopers, Runyan was charged with fourteen counts each of sexual abuse in the third degree, as well as endangering the welfare of a child. He was arraigned and remanded to the Steuben County Jail, which was done in lieu of $2,000 cash bail or $4,000 property bond. 

They say he is scheduled to be in the Village of Canisteo Court at 8:00 a.m. on March 24.






Louisville mayor asks FBI to investigate child sex-abuse claims against police

Phillip M. Bailey and Andrew Wolfson, The (Louisville, Ky.) Courier-Journal , WXIA 

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville’s mayor announced that he has asked the FBI to investigate what he called “our worst nightmare,” the alleged sexual abuse of children in the police department’s Youth Explorer program.

Kerry Harvey - (Photo: By Michael Clevenger, C-J)
Mayor Greg Fischer also said he had hired former U.S. Attorney Kerry Harvey to review an investigation conducted by Louisville Metro Police and determine whether “errors were made,” including by police Chief Steve Conrad.

“If there has been an injustice, it will be remedied,” Fischer said Friday.

Harvey, who was appointed by President Obama in 2010 as the top prosecutor in the Eastern District of Kentucky and stepped down in January, said he would conduct a “stem-to-stern review” to determine if the investigation was effective and appropriate – and if procedures were not followed, “why not.”

A lawsuit filed last week on behalf of a former scout identified as N.C. charges that his alleged rape by Officers Kenneth Betts and Brandon Wood was “concealed” by department officials. Betts and Wood are accused of sexually assaulting the former scout from 2011 through 2013 and recording the incidents to make porn.

Kenneth Betts
The Courier-Journal reported this week that Chief Conrad ended an investigation of alleged "improper contact" between Betts and a teenage girl in the program because Betts resigned in 2014. Wood is still with the force but on administrative assignment.

Conrad told The Courier-Journal on Friday he is "dying" to talk about the allegations but is barred from doing so by a court order sealing the lawsuit. Fischer said he expects the case will be unsealed next week.

The Courier-Journal has filed a motion to unseal the case. The city has also asked that it be unsealed.

Fischer said he first learned about misconduct in the Explorer program last October when he received a heads-up from Conrad that there would be media reports. The mayor declined to comment when asked whether additional police officers or youths were involved, citing a pending criminal investigation by the department’s Public Integrity Unit.

Branden Woods
Asked if he still has confidence in Conrad, the mayor initially avoided directly answering the question, saying “what is important is to get to the truth, and I think he agrees with that.” Ultimately, Fischer said he did have confidence in the chief.

Fischer also said Conrad was “aligned” with the decision to hire Harvey, who was retained Friday under a $275-an-hour contract capped at $50,000. Harvey will not have subpoena power but will enjoy the “full power of the mayor,” Fischer said.

The city also will conduct a separate inquiry that will examine all agencies that have programs involving children and teenagers to determine if adequate measures are in place to protect them.