Everyday thousands of children are being sexually abused. You can stop the abuse of at least one child by simply praying. You can possibly stop the abuse of thousands of children by forwarding the link in First Time Visitor? by email, Twitter or Facebook to every Christian you know. Save a child or lots of children!!!! Do Something, please!

3:15 PM prayer in brief:
Pray for God to stop 1 child from being molested today.
Pray for God to stop 1 child molestation happening now.
Pray for God to rescue 1 child from sexual slavery.
Pray for God to save 1 girl from genital circumcision.
Pray for God to stop 1 girl from becoming a child-bride.
If you have the faith pray for 100 children rather than one.
Give Thanks. There is more to this prayer here

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday, 20 October 2016

Child Sex Ring, Caregivers, Teachers, Martial Arts Instructors on Today's P&P List

Four people found guilty in child sex abuse case sentenced to life in prison
Web Staff, News10, ABC

  video 0:42

HUDSON, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Four people will spend the rest of their lives behind bars in what a judge called a despicable case of child abuse.

They were convicted in August of more than 45 charges for running a child sex ring. The judge sentenced Goliath Van Alphen, his ex-wife Jeanine Van Alphen-Moot, William Wendover III, and Eugene Shackelton to 25 years to life on many of the charges.

“You did the most vile, despicable acts that could possibly be done by one person to another,” the judge said. “You did it to children who had nobody to protect themselves. You did it to them when they were defenseless.”

It appears the children were in the care of one or more of the defendants. The exact nature of their relationships, I have not been able to determine. 

Before sentencing, the judge read an impact statement from one of the victims, who said the defendants ruined their life.

    Hudson, NY



New charges filed in Utah child sex abuse case
By Amy Macavinta staff writer, HJ News

A Richmond man accused of child sex abuse has requested a preliminary hearing in the cases against him.

Dustin James Mangum, 38, was charged in 1st District Court last week with two counts of sodomy on a child, dating back to 2003 in connection with a female in her teens who told her family about the abuse she reportedly experienced as a child more than 10 years ago.

This case is in addition to the eight counts of sodomy on a child and 15 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child filed in August for the alleged sexual assault of another child.

Mangum has been incarcerated at the Cache County Jail since Aug. 19. Officials say when he became aware that the older girl’s family knew about the abuse, he went to the Cache County Sheriff’s Office and confessed to molesting her then and also another child within the last two years.

A preliminary hearing for both cases has been set for Nov. 2. During that hearing, prosecutors will be required to demonstrate they have sufficient reason to charge Mangum.

    Richmond, UT



Sheriff reveals more on alleged child sex abuse at Maryland Martial Arts studio
Julian Sadur, Reporter

SALISBURY, Md. -
More information has been revealed about the alleged child sex abuse inside Mitchell's Marital Arts in Salisbury, Md. In a one-on-one sit down with Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis 47 ABC has learned that there may be another suspect and more than just the three original victims involved in the alleged child sex abuse case.

Both Zack Bennett, 26, an instructor and Leah Wright, 21, have already been arrested for their alleged roles in the matter. Wednesday, Sheriff Lewis alluded to the fact that one more person may have played a role in this and that the Sheriff's department is working on that possibility.

Charging documents 47 ABC obtained state that three female victims ages 13 to 15 at the time were abused by Bennett, however Lewis said they "know there are several more victims"  involved. Lewis said the investigation is "extremely active" and that more victim interviews will be done.

"I don't think there's anyway you can rationalize this. When we deal with these individuals, when we interview them we try to understand what's going on in their minds, we try to understand why they would even think about victimizing a young child, there's nothing they can say or do to rationalize what they do," Lewis said.

According to Lewis they have reason to believe Bennett has been sexually harassing underage girls since he began his employment with Mitchell's 10-years-ago.

"These things unfortunately occur and when they occur it shocks our conscious, it shocks everyone. Everybody's victimized by this individual not just those that he physically victimized, but those who looked up to him as a mentor, as an instructor, it affects us all," Lewis said.

Charging documents have also indicated possible charges pending against Bennett in Ocean City, though the States Attorney's office in Worcester County could not comment.

Last Friday, M.J. Caldwell, corporate attorney for Mitchell's Martial Arts released the following statement: "We are aware of the incident. We take the safety and security of our staff and guests very seriously. We intend to uphold and enforce the highest standards of conduct as we move forward with our business."

Bennett is currently being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail.

Meanwhile Leah Wright was released Tuesday on $150,000 bond.



Would you believe another MMA instructor pederast in Maryland?

In February 2014, Anne Arundel Police charged an Edgwater, Maryland Martial Arts instructor, Jason Alexander Webb, with child sex abuse for a relationship with a 14 year old girl.

In August 2014, Webb was sentenced to 10 days in jail... see below



Maryland martial arts teacher gets 10 days for several sex offenses against student


Jason Alexander Webb, 26, of 704 Childs Point Road, Annapolis, Md. After the Anne Arundel County Police Department along with the Department of Social Services received a report of sexual child abuse. - Original Credit: (AACo Police Photo, HANDOUT)

Tim Pratt, Capitol Gazette

A former Edgewater martial arts instructor was sentenced to 10 days in jail Wednesday for having a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old female student.

Jason Webb, 27, apologized for his actions after he pleaded guilty to a third-degree sex offense in Anne Arundel Circuit Court in Annapolis. He was 26 when the incident occurred last summer.

"I made an irresponsible decision," Webb said. "I'm not proud of that decision and I would never want someone to go through something like that."

But Assistant State's Attorney Sandra Howell said Webb had two previous sexual relationships with girls who were 17 years old. The age of consent in Maryland is 16, but the previous relationships demonstrate a "pattern of behavior" where Webb seeks out young girls, Howell said.

"They're getting younger and younger," she said. Did I mention, sin is progressive?

Judge Paul A. Hackner said he was taking the previous incidents into consideration when giving Webb a three-year sentence, with all but 10 days suspended. "If this were an isolated incident I would be a little more sympathetic," Hackner said.

Webb will be on three years of probation upon his release and must register as a Tier II sex offender – a 25-year registration.

In addition, Hackner ordered Webb not to have unsupervised contact with anyone under 18 years old. He also must continue to undergo counseling. "I think when a 26-year-old is having relationships with 16- and 17-year-olds, there's a problem," Hackner said.

Webb was an instructor at East Coast Martial Arts in Edgewater when he began an intimate relationship with the 14-year-old girl in July of 2013, Howell said.

According to charging documents, at least three sexual incidents took place that summer in the Annapolis home Webb shared with his parents. His father is Anne Arundel County school board member Solon Webb. Solon Webb said he was "shocked" when he learned about the allegations last winter.

One of the teen's friends found out about the relationship in September and warned Jason Webb that it should stop, Howell said. At one point, the teen worried she might be pregnant and Jason Webb bought her a pregnancy test, Howell said. The test was negative.

The Department of Social Services was alerted to the relationship in October. An investigation ensued and a warrant for Jason Webb's arrest was issued on Jan. 6. He was charged with third- and fourth-degree sex offenses, and sex abuse of a minor.

He turned himself in on Feb. 20 and was released the same day on a $65,000 bail.


The teen is a student at an Anne Arundel County public school, schools spokesman Bob Mosier confirmed earlier this year, and the school has worked with the family to make resources available to her.

    Edgewater, MD



California teacher/daycare worker’s
child sex abuse trial date set

(Courtesy of Palo Alto Police Department) Palo Alto elementary school teacher Michael Airo was charged with one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child and three counts of lewd or lascivious acts on a child.

By JACQUELINE LEE Mercury News

Court records: Palo Alto elementary school teacher was living with girl he allegedly sexually abused

PALO ALTO — The trial of a former Ohlone Elementary School teacher accused of abusing a child more than a decade ago has been set for Jan. 30.

Michael Airo appeared in Santa Clara County Superior Court on Tuesday before Judge Diane Northway, alongside defense attorney Michael Armstrong.

Armstrong and Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Chris Lamiero told the court the trial is expected to last about two weeks, including two to four days for jury selection.

Each side expects to bring in about four witnesses during the trial, with Judge Kenneth Barnum presiding.

Airo, who taught fourth and fifth grades at Ohlone, was charged in December 2015 with one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child and three counts of lewd or lascivious acts on a child.

He turned himself in and was released from jail on $500,000 bail.

The Palo Alto Unified School District placed Airo on administrative leave and initiated dismissal proceedings after learning of the allegations.

Airo faces these charges after the victim, a woman who is now 24 years old, told a therapist he abused her when she was 11. The incidents were initially reported to the San Mateo County Department of Children and Family Services and then forwarded to the Palo Alto Police Department in May 2014.

The alleged incidents took place between Dec. 9, 2002, when the victim was 11, and Dec. 8, 2005.

Airo met the girl’s mother in 1999 while he was working as a private childcare provider for an after-school program in which the girl was a student, police said.

The woman said Airo eventually moved in with her family and he would walk into the bathroom while she was showering and kiss her naked body, according to court records.





California teacher slits his own throat in court after being found guilty of child sex abuse
Ashitha Nagesh for Metro

Jones slit his own throat with a small razor (Picture: Orange County DA Office)

Jeffrey Scott Jones, a 56-year-old teacher from Huntington Beach in California, pulled out a razor blade and slashed himself just moments after the verdict was delivered on Wednesday.

He was rushed to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Jones, who taught Advanced Place English classes at a local academy, was accused of molesting and having sex with a 13-year-old relative of his live-in girlfriend in 2012 and 2013.

Prosecutors at the Orange County courtroom said DNA evidence pointed to Jones, while the defence argued that the girl had lied to cover up her cannabis use.

The jury deliberated for around two hours before convicting Jones of continuous sexual abuse and aggravated sexual assault of a child.

His offences carry a potential sentence of 66 years to life in prison.

‘Right after the judge asked if we wanted jurors polled, both attorneys said no – and then he [Jones] took a razor out of his left pocket and slashed his throat,’ prosecutor Heather Brown told City News Service.

‘His head hit the table and I thought he had fainted. But then I saw the blood and the razor on the table.’

The county Sheriff’s Department will now investigate how Jones, who had been free on bail, managed to sneak a razor blade through court security.

    Huntington Beach, CA




Montana daycare man sentenced to
100 years for child sex abuse
By - Associated Press

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - A 40-year-old Billings man has been sentenced to 100 years in prison for sexually abusing five children who attended his mother’s daycare, causing what the judge called “incalculable and horrendous” harm.

The Billings Gazette reports District Judge Michael Moses sentenced Jared Terhune Thursday. He must serve 25 years before being eligible for parole.

Terhune pleaded guilty in August to five counts of sexual assault, three counts of sexual intercourse without consent and four counts of sexual abuse of children.

The mother of one of the children said her daughter cringes around men she does not know, will not wear a bathing suit and has lost her innocence.

Exactly! That's what pedophilia is all about - the destruction of innocence, the violation of the sacred.

Terhune testified that he was molested from age 8 to 10 and wished he had received treatment sooner.

Moses said it’s mind-boggling for someone who was molested to inflict such “incalculable and horrendous” harm on another child.

Because, Judge Moses, there is much more damage done to sexually abused children than just the physical and emotional. There is spiritual damage. There is a spiritual element to pedophilia. The desire to violate the sacred or destroy innocence has a spiritual source, and, unfortunately, that spiritual connection is passed on to the victims and must be eradicated before the survivor can even begin to heal.